- Career Level Consultant
- Contract type Permanent
- Hours Full Time
- Salary £76,001 to £102,465 per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic consultant colleague to join our existing team. This is a new 10 PA post to support increasing demand from our thriving Lung cancer practice and Breast cancer practice. This post will have a third interest which, whilst this is suggested to be Acute Oncology, a different second interest such as Lymphoma radiotherapy could be accommodated for the right candidate. Candidates are encouraged to discuss this post with the department.
Candidates wishing to work less that 10 PA’s are welcome to discuss their requirements with the department, and where arrangements can be made ensuring continuity of care, part time working will be possible.
The appointee will join the Oncology Team as a Clinical Oncology Consultant and will be expected to participate in all facets of departmental activity.
A full time substantive consultant clinical oncologist post of 10 PA (8DCC+2SPA) is available, covering:
- Lung Radiotherapy and Chemoradiation; the practice involves approximately 250 new patients annually for Portsmouth patients and will be shared with another Clinical Oncologist. Two Medical Oncologist share the chemotherapy Lung practice for Portsmouth patients.
- Breast cancer Radiotherapy; the practice involves approximately 320 new patients annually and will be shared with two Clinical Oncologist for Portsmouth patients.
Acute oncology, joining with 5 other consultants to increase the scope and coverage of acute oncology input within our own department and the wider hospital
A part-time appointment would be considered with appropriate reduction in clinical responsibilities.
The post will be based at Queen Alexandra Hospital. Full participation in teaching, audit and research will be expected.
- Full Registered with GMC with a licence to practice
- Entry on the GMC Clinical Oncology Specialist Register via CCT (or within 6 months at interview), CESR or European Community Rights
How To Apply
For full details of the post and to apply, please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for ref: 192-SU-16-1204