- Career Level Consultant
- Contract type Permanent
- Hours Full Time
- Salary £76,001 - £102,465 PER ANNUM
- Participate fully in the provision of neuro and stroke imaging and head and neck services, in collaboration with existing consultants in the team. Colleagues will be encouraged to support the ethos of service redesign with flexible working, role extension and mentoring of junior and paramedical colleagues.
- General work includes taking part in an on-call service with weekend working (~1/15) and provision of a general consultation and reporting service as required. Weekend working provides regular access to acute inpatient imaging, mainly CT and Ultrasound and predominantly supports the medical and surgical admissions units.
- Support colleagues in the training of the Portsmouth Radiology Training Scheme SPRs and other Southampton based rotating Wessex SPRs. The head and neck radiology attachment has recently been graded as A* by the Wessex Deanery.
- Participate in the general development of the Radiology Department by involvement with departmental or Trust projects / committees, equipment procurement, administration and management, audit, teaching, research, fostering good working relations within the department and good liaison with hospital clinicians and GPs.
- Share with colleagues in the training, supervision and support of trainee and qualified ultrasonographers, and when appropriate of radiographers undergoing skill mix training. There is currently a reporting radiographer independently performing some examinations and a whole range of fluoroscopic examinations under supervision. There will be a requirement to support ultrasonographers in acute ultrasound provision. .
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- Possession of UK CCT in Radiology and entry on specialist register, or SpR within 6 months of CCT.
- Fellowship of Royal College of Radiologists, or equivalent.
How To Apply
For full details of the post and to apply, please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk ref: 192-CS-16-0911.