- Career Level Consultant
- Contract type Permanent
- Hours Full Time
- Salary Consultant payscale plus excellent relocation allowance
- JOB SUMMARY- County Durham and Darlington NHS FT is a large District General Trust covering a population of 600,000 currently looking for 2 individuals to join us, who will add to the current skill mix and help us build on our success. The basic contract is for 10 PAs plus 1 temporary programmed additional activity (TAPA). There will be in depth discussions with the post holder regarding the final job plan prior to commencement. The Department is interested in flexible working hours, and four day working/ extended-days may be considered to suit the needs of the Candidate and Trust.
- As a Consultant General Radiologist with a special interest you will be joining our current specialist Radiologists to create a robust team across the Trust offering interventional and/or cross-sectional reporting skills to help manage our ever increasing demand for services. The post holder(s) will be expected to participate in appropriate MDTs, which may be held at Darlington Memorial Hospital (DMH) or University Hospital of North Durham (UHND) and contribute to the non-onerous on-call rota (second on-call at night to an outsourcing company 5pm-9am including weekends).
- The Radiology department has an Educational lead, hosts the Regional IMAC training lab for Radiology Trainees across the North East on behalf of the School of Radiology, and is a recognised training provider for trainees via Health Education North East. The Trust is also a provider of undergraduate training for medical students from the University of Newcastle Medical School. Recent increases in the number of Radiology trainees at CDDFT will see 4 Registrars, rising to 5 in 2018 across both main sites.
- The successful applicant(s) will have office accommodation and a PC with e-mail, CRIS, Trust Intranet and Internet access. Secretarial support is available at both acute hospitals.
- The Trust has just purchased 2 new Philips MRI scanners and has plans to become a reference site and involved in research on these machines. Ambient lighting and in-bore experience have been purchased- the first to our knowledge in a NHS hospital.
- The Trust has a fully integrated GE PACS system in the process of being updated.
- There is also an exciting equipment replacement project in progress looking to improve facilities at all sites across the Trust in the near future.
- You can take a lead role in service development in your specialty, should you wish. There are opportunities for the right candidates in teaching/ education, research and management if you are interested. There is also plenty of reporting to do should you prefer being at the fore-front of service delivery!
- The successful applicant(s) will be offered a whole-time 10 +1 temporary additional programmed activity contract. Part-time and flexible working will be considered.
- The job plan will be tailored to suit the individual’s special interest and also the needs of the Department. It will most likely include a session as Duty Radiologist along with at least one acute CT list to maintain on-call competencies.
- If you are an interventionalist this can be accommodated. There is a strong vascular team at UHND keen to welcome a colleague. Bed-holding status, sessions in the hybrid theatre and joint vascular clinics can be organised.
- As a diagnostic radiologist you may wish to develop in CT, MRI or ultrasound. At CDDFT we like to work flexibly and allow you to thrive. Please contact us to talk informally about how we can work with you around you area(s) of expertise.
- Medical Qualification- MB BS or equivalent
- Current full GMC registration
- You should ideally be on the specialist register (have CCST or be within 6 months of obtaining it)
- Experience in general radiology and the specialisation applied for as demonstrated by log book including CT, MRI and Plain Film as well as intervention where appropriate.
- Competency in general CT, MRI, plain film reporting and ultrasound. Other skills commensurate with the speciality applied for.
- Time management skills, managing self and others. Ability to participate in an MDT and potentially lead the Radiological aspects.
- Evidence of performing audit projects and demonstrate their outcomes.
- Evidence of teaching experience and feedback.
- Evidence of understanding of research methodology.
- Be a team worker, excellent communicator and well organised, as demonstrated by MSF.
How To Apply-
These posts are currently advertised on nhs jobs. Please apply via that website.
Please feel free to contact Dr Elizabeth Loney, Radiology CD at:
should you have any questions.