- Career Level Consultant
- Contract type Fixed contract
- Hours Full Time
- Salary $200,000 - $300,000 NZD
We’re seeking Specialist Radiologists to work in one of the largest District Health Board’s in NZ, a bustling University city in Hamilton, just 90 minutes’ drive south of Auckland.
- Permanent full-time roles commencing 2018
- Fixed term opportunities also available (ideally 12 months minimum)
- Diagnostic Radiologists and/or Interventional Radiologists
- Subspecialists of particular interest: Paediatrics, Neuro-radiology, Nuclear Medicine (dual scope) & Cardio-thoracic
- FRANZCR or equivalent specialist qualifications
- Varied casemix with a really interesting range of cases, some unique to NZ!
And the lifestyle and location are ideal:
- Be based just 90 minutes south of Auckland in the central North Island
- Wide range of city amenities: restaurants and cafes, arts and culture, major sporting events
- Affordable housing market and excellent schooling options
- Easy daily commute to/from work
- Immediate access to the rest of the North Island, beautiful beaches, national parks, lakes and mountains
You will have broad clinical experience and skills across Radiology (and your special interest area) along with a sound understanding of contemporary models of care; proven leadership skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment; an interest in medical education and teaching, including providing supervision and education to medical students, registrars and other clinical staff; and of course, a commitment and willingness to be involved in ongoing quality improvement programmes.
This is an excellent opportunity for both newly qualified Consultants to commence their practice in a supportive environment, or for experienced Specialist Radiologists to further develop their career in a busy unit with a diverse caseload.
When sending your CV, please include details of modalities you use on a day to day basis.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent package, circa NZ$200,000 to $300,000+ pa, depending on sub-specialty, level of experience & job size
- This includes base salary ranging NZ$158,141 to $230,000 pa (£82,700 to £120,000)
- Plus NZ$16,000 Continuing Medical Education allowance & 10 days CME leave to attend conferences each year
- Plus relocation assistance
- Dedicated non-clinical time and multidisciplinary team working
- And we manage the medical registration and visa for you!
Requirement for this role
Ideally you will hold FRANZCR and full Vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
Alternatively, if not NZ trained or based, you will hold equivalent specialist qualifications from either UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada or USA that will enable Provisional Vocational (long term) registration or Locum Tenens (short term up to 12 months) registration. These are the specialist pathways for medical registration in NZ for Radiologists and we can assist with the medical registration and work visa applications, if you are successfully appointed.
A further registration pathway is also possible if you are an overseas trained Radiologist with at least 33 months (out of the last 48 months) specialist/ consultant level experience from a country considered to have a comparable health system by The Medical Council of New Zealand.
Please visit the MCNZ website for details on the medical registration requirements, including primary source verification of your qualifications which was introduced by MCNZ 1st November 2017.
For more details, please contact Caroline at email@example.com with a copy of your CV.