Linked from The Royal College of Radiologists

Radiology Fellow, Diagnotic Imaging 638 views2 applications

Job Expired

More Information

  1. Job Description
The successful applicant must be registered with the GMC, have a licence to practice. Two groups would be encouraged to apply. An applicant may have undertaken higher specialist training in Radiology not recognised in the UK and looking to obtain entry onto the specialist register with a CESR. Alternatively the applicant may have previously left a radiology training scheme in the UK and wish to gain some experience and perhaps take some examinations to support application to obtain an NTN and re-join a UK recognised radiology training scheme.

The successful applicant will work mainly at Peterborough City Hospital. Each post is for 40 hours per week, and as part of this the post-holder will offer a commitment to evening and weekend working at most be on a 1:8 rotational basis.

The successful candidate will be expected to work with colleagues to promote the collective aims of the department including clinical governance and audit, and to participate in departmental teaching and continued professional development.

The service commitment would represent 60% of the working hours with the remaining 40% used for professional development under supervision to support the applicants professional goals.

Job Requirements

  1. Study and Training

    Within the diagnostic imaging department at Peterborough there is a strong culture of professional respect between the different professional groups and training retains a high priority even in times of high workload.

    There is an active Post Graduate Medical Centre based at Peterborough City Hospital. This contains a library which subscribes to the major medical journals and textbooks, there is also a selection of reference books in the Peterborough Diagnostic Imaging department. There are borrowing facilities from the National Lending Library and Addenbrooke’s Hospital Library for any book or journal not immediately available. The department holds an interesting cases meeting once every two weeks and a monthly discrepancy meeting during the monthly half day devoted to audit.

    The time allocated for professional development can be used for private study for examinations, observation of new techniques, formal teaching and supervised reporting or procedures. The successful candidate will be expected to keep a simple log of how this time is used.

    Study leave will be granted in accordance with paragraphs 250 – 254 of the Terms and Conditions of Service of Hospital Medical and Dental Staff (England and Wales) and to the local conditions agreed by the Peterborough Hospitals NHS Trust.

How To Apply

Informal enquiries

Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the Trust. To arrange this or to discuss the post in more detail please contact the department PA Dawn Anderson on 01733 673491, or the Associate Clinical Director Dr Fiona Miller on Fiona.miller8@nhs.net or via her PA Jeneveve Williams on 01733 673498.

Shortlisted applicants only will be reimbursed travelling expenses as follows:

 Pre-interview visit

 Attendance for interview

For applicants from outside the UK travelling expenses will be paid from port of entry only. Expenses will not be paid to shortlisted candidates who withdraw their application or refuse an offer of appointment on grounds which the Trust consider inadequate.

 

  • This job has expired!
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs
Share this job
Company Information
  • Total Jobs 1 Jobs
  • Recruiter Address North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
  • Telephone 01733 677868
  • Email jo.rowell@nhs.net
Connect with us

ABOUT US

RADJOBS is a powerful free user-friendly recruitment website and tool to save radiology departments significant money, connecting job seekers with employers. Read more...