Our trust manages three hospitals in Worcestershire: the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch; Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre and Worcestershire Royal Hospital. We also manage a surgery ward at Evesham Community Hospital.
We provide acute services to a population of over 500,000 and our staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care.
Our vision is about taking pride in our healthcare services, and our PRIDE values are important in our everyday work.
Proposals to improve local health services in Worcestershire have recentley been approved.
The three Governing Bodies of NHS Redditch and Bromsgrove, NHS South Worcestershire and NHS Wyre Forest – who are responsible for buying healthcare services for Worcestershire residents – made the decision to support a clinical model which will bring stability and certainty to the local acute hospital service.
The model, which has taken over five years’ to develop, will see the:
- Centralisation of emergency surgery to Worcestershire Royal Hospital with skilled staff which will improve outcomes and patient experience
- Creation of centres of excellence for planned surgery at the Alexandra Hospital
- Retention of emergency and urgent care services at the Alexandra Hospital
- Centralisation of inpatient care for children at Worcestershire Royal Hospital with the majority of children’s care remaining local
- Centralisation of births at Worcestershire Royal Hospital with ante-natal and post-natal care remaining local
- Day-case and short-stay surgery increased at Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre.
In addition they made a number of recommendations on future staffing levels, transport, maternity services and the quality of services.
The decision follows an extensive consultation process.
For further information visit the Future of Acute Hospital Services in Worcestershire website.
We are committed to making changes that ensure all of our hospitals thrive, and it’s an exciting time for you to join us.